DIN EN ISO 17100:2016-05 defines the competences, resources, requirements for the core processes and other aspects necessary for the delivery of a high-quality translation service which meets the applicable specifications.
- The competence of the translation service providers, including the necessary professional skills
- The competence of further project managers involved in the process
The availability and use of resources, including both human resources and the deployment of translation technology and translation tools.
DIN EN ISO 17100 differentiates between the pure translation service and the review by a person other than the translator, in other words, it specifies a four-eyes principle. The processes are precisely regulated as follows:
- Services related to the "production or translation process"
- And the post-production processes, such as editing, proofreading, etc.
- Requirements of the targeted processing of customer feedback